05 June 2016

Strawberry Rhubarb Dumplings

I devised this recipe myself, based on things I had eaten before. Variations: You can use all strawberries or all rhubarb, but I usually use a combination. Also you can make dumplings from scratch (use 2 C flour) but I usually cheat and make them with Bisquick. 

2 C chopped rhubarb
1 C hulled strawberries
1 C sugar
1 C water
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 C Bisquick mix
1 T sugar
2/3 C milk

Preheat oven to 425. Prepare fruit and place in large casserole or 13x9 baking dish. Combine sugar and water in saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Take off heat and add vanilla extract. Pour over fruit. Mix remaining ingredients to make dumplings. Place large spoonfuls of dumplings over fruit. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook an additional 10 minutes.

No comments: